Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wet Shorts Salad Spinner

I hope everybody has recovered from the Perry-mania that dominated cafeGAINZ last week...I know I'm still in recovery mode.  I think Johnny went comatose; he's a fanatic.  Be on the lookout for some fitness tips later this week.  In the meantime, check out this killer piece I just received from Paisley.  He gives some good advice relating to new gym equipment...beware.  
- Wesay


A few days ago I went to a freshly opened gym. It's one of the few gyms where I live that has a pool, so I took my goggles and made some aquatic cardio GAINZ to finish my workout. While waiting for the shower, I discovered a new piece of aquatic-related training equipment.

The guy waiting in front of me in the shower line pointed at a metal box bolted to the wall and asked what it was. I had no idea. I lifted the top off of the apparatus and saw what looked like a tiny washing machine. It turned out to be some kind of salad spinner to dry wet shorts. I advised the guy in line in front of me what it was. He thought it was cool, but I expressed to him my concern about a device in which I deposit my shorts that I just wore commando in the same place where other guys also put their shorts in which they also just wore…commando...too familiar.

A moment later, two oafs - who had been swimming over lane markers and generally hating on everyone's aquatic GAINZ with their fun time in the pool - approached the ‘salad spinner.’ Oaf 1 proclaimed to the other his love of the salad spinner and ran to the apparatus with a washcloth over his junk. In went his beer logo swimming shorts, and the apparatus started shaking and buzzing. After the demonstration Oaf 1 said to Oaf 2, “the other day I came in here with boogers on my shirt. I threw em in there and it came clean.”

Here's the question: is the salad spinner GAINZ?  I'm not sure. It removes some of the hassle of carrying wet clothes after doing cardio in the pool. But if you have one at your gym, you may want to assess the natives first and make sure they're not using it to clean any solids off their clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment