Monday, November 9, 2009

Weird Dude at the Gym

This is the first post by Ian "Paisley" GAINZ; Paisley because of his affinity for donning paisley ties.  As you will see, the subject matter of the scripture is a nice followup to Vol. I of the cafeGAINZ Etiquette Series.  P. GAINZ's personal blog with an esquire tilt can be found here.


I'm sure many gym users are used to the occasional unpleasantness of a weird overweight guy sitting bare-assed on a locker room bench staring at passers by; but when I started working out downtown near my office, I was happy to find a locker room where people were just stopping in to make GAINZ around their work schedules. It was an environment where I thought I'd never see locker room exhibitionists. It was like an elevated state of locker room.



That all came to an end a few weeks ago. I had just finished cramming a workout into my lunch break and was grabbing things out of my locker. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something fluttering.  I wish I hadn't turned my head to see what it was, but I did.  As I turned my gaze towards the fluttering in my peripheral vision, I saw something that made me realize this downtown gym wasn't as classy as I thought.  This guy had one foot on a bench, like a Captain Morgan ad. The fluttering was his hand, flinging around a towel in his crotch like he was strumming a guitar. It was an aggressive display of exhibitionism.  Most aggressively of all, he was standing in a corner in front of the only television in this tiny locker room.  Any poor sucker who turned around after hearing something cool on CNN would have been a victim. 

Showing off to yourself in the mirror is sometimes unavoidable in the locker room.  Sometimes I can't even help myself.  But tricking people into looking at your junk in the locker room is never okay.

-Paisley GAINZ

No comments:

Post a Comment