Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Johnny and His Next GAINZ-Goal



First off, let me say this: My mind is blown from the "I'm Perry’lyzed" 3 part series. Well done Wesay.  It is about time Perry got the credit he deserved in the workout world.

Where is Johnny? That is a question many of you have probably asked yourself in between Johnny on the Spots.  Well, Johnny has been spending most of his time contemplating his next GAINZ-goal.

For those of you unfamiliar with the GAINZ-goal, I will explain (although it's pretty self-explanatory). A GAINZ-goal is a fitness goal one wishes to achieve.  It can be any number of things.  For instance, it can be slimming down to the dress size you have always wanted to wear, or attaining a ripped weight you have always wanted to weigh, or a max you have always wanted to be able to lift. GAINZ-goals can go even further than this. You might want to be the starting point guard for your basketball team or you might want to climb Mt. Everest.  All of these are valid GAINZ-goals.

Which leads us to Johnny's GAINZ-goal: I’m going to step into the cage during summer of 2010 for a mixed martial arts fight. I know, I know, you are probably thinking, what in the world would lead Johnny to this GAINZ-goal? Well, Johnny has always been a fan of MMA and boxing.

I started training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu about 5 months ago and became completely addicted to it.  Let me tell you, jiu-jitsu is pure GAINZ!   Besides the obvious physical GAINZ, there is just as much mental GAINZ that can be obtained from practicing martial arts.  And during my BJJ training I was contemplating my next GAINZ-goal because I hadn’t had a legitimate one in a while. So I thought to myself, what could be more GAINZ than an amateur MMA fight?

The dedication and discipline it takes to cut the weight and train for a fight is almost unparalleled. You know Johnny’s mantra, "Train Hard, Eat Right, make GAINZ!" As simple as it sounds, that’s what first came to mind when I was thinking about my GAINZ-goal, and that is what I am going to be doing for the next 5 months of my life. I'm going to be training in wrestling, multiple martial arts, and boxing in preparation for the fight, while also watching my diet and cutting the necessary weight. I am excited for the New Year and achieving the next GAINZ-goal of my life.  You should be too.

Train Hard, Eat Right, make GAINZ!!

-Johnny GAINZ

1 comment:

  1. Johnny, please don't get hurt. Remember, sometimes it's better to tap. but, GET AFTER IT!

    ReplyDelete